ICAI Direct Entry Scheme in CA after Graduation
If you want to make a successful career as a Chartered Accountant after your graduation, then you must know everything about the Direct Entry Scheme in CA after graduation.
What is the Direct Entry Scheme all about?
The ICAI introduced the Direct Entry scheme in CA for candidates who had completed their graduation and wanted to pursue CA.
This scheme was brought in effect starting from 12th of August 2012.
According to this scheme, if you have a certain required percentage of marks in your graduation, (Commerce, or Non Commerce), then you can directly apply for CA without having to clear the CA foundation level entrance exam.
Let us have a look at the various factors such as the Eligibility, fees, duration, procedure to apply, registration and many other things involved in the Direct Entry route for CA after Graduation.
Eligibility for Direct Scheme in CA after Graduation
Here is the eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to apply via the direct entry route for pursuing CA after their graduation:
- If the student belongs to the Commerce background, then they need to have a minimum score of 55% in their graduation.
- If the student belongs to the non-Commerce background, such as Science or Arts background, then they need to have a minimum score of 60% in their graduation.
- Students who have cleared their CA Intermediate level examination conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Registration of Students appearing for the final year of graduation
Under the provisional scheme of registration under the Direct Entry Route, candidates can register for the CA intermediate level exam while in their last year of graduation. However, they would be required to submit their graduation mark sheet within 6 months of the application.
And in case if the candidates fail to submit the mark sheet or any other proof within the said period, that is 6 months, then the registration gets canceled without any refund.
Also, candidates under this provision can complete their ITT Course and their Orientation course, which are considered compulsory before they start their Articleship.
However, they can commence the Articleship only after they start their final year graduation.
Again, their registration can be confirmed only after they submit their final year mark sheet and their passing certificate.
Fees for CA with Direct Entry Route
Before applying for the finals, the candidates need to apply for 4 weeks of ICITSS(IT course and Orientation course) and 2.5-3 years of Articleship.
The overall fees for the CA course under the direct entry route is somewhere between 20000-30000/- INR.
Procedure for application to the CA under Direct Entry Scheme
The following are the various steps involved in applying for the CA under the Direct Entry Scheme:
- You need to register with the BOS for the Intermediate level exam.
- Before the practical training, complete the 4 weeks of IT and Orientation course successfully.
- Then you can register for 3 years of practical training.
- After you complete the 9 months of practical training, then only you can sit for the Intermediate exam.
- Once you clear both the groups of Intermediate course, then you can register for the final exam.
- And then during the last 6 months of your practical training, appear for the final exams.
- Successfully complete the 4 years of Articleship,
- Successfully qualify for both the groups of final exams.
- And then successfully become a member.
Candidates have to register online via the official website of ICAI, www.icai.org, Then they will have to pay the fees online as well.
Once the online payment is done, they need to take a printout of the entire form and submit it along with other necessary documents to the Regional Office within 7 days of the online registration date.
Hope this article helped you find the right solution to apply for the CA exams after your graduation through the Direct Entry Scheme..Kmspico download free