Those who want to start working as cost accountant need to complete the ICWA exam which is divided into the stages – foundation, intermediary and final. The minimum age of application is 17 years and students who have completed their 10+2 can apply.
Institute of Cost & Work Accountants of India
1. Foundation course
• The CWA ICWA course at the Foundation level (ICWAI: Foundation Examination) consists of only theoretical examinations. There are 6 subjects to be studied arranged into 4 papers of 100 marks each.
1. Fundamentals of Economics and Management (100 Marks)
2. Accounting (100 Marks)
3. Fundamentals of Law and Ethics (100 Marks)
4. Business Mathematics and Statistics (100 Marks)
• To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers together, failing which the student has to reappear in all the 4 papers again.
2. Intermediate Courses
• The CWA ICWA course at the Intermediate level (ICWAI: Intermediate Examination) consists of theoretical examinations as well as compulsory practical trainings. The theoretical examinations consist of 8 subjects to be studied arranged into 2 stages of 4 papers of 100 marks each.
Intermediate – Group I
|2||Law, Ethics & Governance||100|
|4||Cost accounting & Financial Management||100|
Intermediate – Group II
|1||Operation Management & information system||100|
|2||Cost and Management Accountancy||100|
|4||Company Accounts and Auditing||100|
• To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of a stage together, failing which the student has to reappear in all the papers again. Even if the student appears in both the stages together each stage will be considered separately for assessing the result.
Successful students at the ICWA intermediate examination are eligible to register for ICWA Final course. Examinations for this will be held in the month of JUN and DEC of every calendar year. ICWA Final Consists of two groups Group III and Group IV.
|1||Corporate Law and Compliance||100|
|2||Advanced Financial Management||100|
|3||Business Strategy and Strategic Cost Management||100|
|4||Tax Management and Practice||100|
|1||Strategic Performance Management||100|
|2||Corporate Financial Reporting||100|
|3||Cost and Management Audit||100|
|4||Financial Analysis and Business Valuation||100|
In each paper require to score 40 marks and 50% in aggregate (total).
Note: There is a mandatory Industry Oriented Training Program of 42 hours that a candidate must take and a practical training for 3 years.
Out of the total period of 3 years of practical training a student must be registered for a period of 1 year out of which at least 6 months must be completed before 31st march/30th September respectively to become eligible to make an application for examination to be held in June/December for appearing in both the groups or for the remaining group in the final course (Having qualified the other group of the course)
- Highly qualified and experienced tutors handle the subjects effectively and efficiently.
- Unlike regular classroom coaching of CA/CS/ICWA where no personal attention is paid and it has strict class timings, Wisdom Academy’s group tuition have a batch size of not more than 10-12 students thereby providing students with one-to-one attention and making sure all doubts are cleared.
- Early morning, evenings and weekend batches for working professionals
- Concentration on exam-oriented appreciable number of quality problems to provide a firm grounding for students in various subjects and to face the professional exams with high Confidence
- Systematic exploring of syllabus in a scheduled time frame without sacrificing quality and number of classes.
- Regular tests to track the progress of students.
Wisdom Academy provides group tuition for ICWA Foundation, ICWA Inter, ICWA Final by experts at Andheri and Borivali centers.
Name: Rahul Seth
Attempt: ICWA FINAL Dec 2017
Result: (Highest Marks in SPM 68/100)
(Highest Marks in CFR 73/100)
Name: Riya Maniar
Attempt: ICWA FINAL June 2017
Result: Rank 92 (Highest Marks in AFM 82/100)
Name: Kiran Tyagi
Attempt: ICWA FINAL June 2018
Result: Rank 79 (Highest Marks in taxation 75/100)
(Highest Marks in Law 72/100)
Name: Mahesh Tiwari
Attempt: ICWA INTER Dec 2017
Result: (Highest Marks in Company Accounts & Audit 65/100)
(Highest Marks in OM/IT 77/100)
(Highest marks in Law 70/100)
Name: Kalpesh Kadam
Attempt: ICWA INTER June 17
Result: Rank 1st in Mumbai (All India 30)
Name: Rushabh Singh
Attempt: ICWA INTER June 2017
Result: Rank 33
Name: Seema Shelke / Anjali Khanna / Rohit Kumar / Varsha Mishra
Attempt: ICWA INTER June 18
Seema Shelke : Rank 72
Anjali Khanna : Rank 58
Deepali Patil: Rank 62
Naresh Kumar Rank 85 (Highest marks in Accounts 72/100)
Name: Komal Shrivastava
Attempt: ICWA Foundation Dec 2017
Result: Rank 89 (Highest Marks in Maths 75/100)
Name: Priyank jain
Attempt: ICWA Foundation June 2018
Result: Rank 75 (Highest Marks in Accounts 80/100)
Name: Reema Chaudhry
Attempt: ICWA Foundation June 2017
Result: Rank 68 Reema Chaudhry