The Company Secretary course is formed of three stages – foundation, executive and professional. Students of all backgrounds, except fine arts, can apply for the foundation course after completion of their higher secondary education. Exciting practical training awaits students after completion of their executive programme.
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Every candidate who will be declared ‘pass’ in Professional Programme Examination in addition to acquiring practical experience, shall be required to undergo compulsory practical training for four months.
Students have to go through four papers in the CS Foundation Programme and these are:
PAPER 1: BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND LAW PAPER (100 Marks)
Level of knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Objective: To give orientation about different forms of organizations, functions in organizations, business strategies and environment, along with an exposure to elements of business laws and entrepreneurship.
PAPER 2: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, ETHICS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP PAPER (100 Marks)
Level of knowledge: Basic Knowledge.
Objective: To acquaint with the basic principles of management, ethics and communication techniques.
PAPER 3: BUSINESS ECONOMICS PAPER (100 Marks)
Level of knowledge: Basic knowledge.
Objective: To Familiarize the basic concepts and concepts and theories of economics, elementary statistics and mathematics.
PAPER 4: FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING (100 Marks)
Level of knowledge: Basic knowledge.
• To familiarize and develop and understanding of the basic aspects of accounting, auditing concepts and their principles.
The mode of examination will be Computer based MCQs.
CS Foundation Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the CS Foundation 2018 examination is as follows.
- There will be four papers containing 50 questions each.
- For each correct answer, candidate will be awarded 2 marks.
- CS Foundation Exams Held Twice a Year – June/December
Qualifying Marks / Cut offs for CS Foundation
A candidate shall be declared to have passed in the Foundation Programme examination if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of forty per cent marks in each subject and fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
- 40% marks in each subject
- 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects
Module 1 contains the four papers and Module 2 also contains the Four Papers. Each paper is For 100 Marks in the Examination.
Paper-2: Company Law
Paper-3: Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
Paper-4: Tax Laws
Volume-1 (Direct Tax)
Volume-2 (Indirect Tax)
Paper-6: Securities Laws and Capital Markets
Paper-7: Economic Business and Commercial Laws
Paper-8: Financial and Strategic Management
2) Advanced Tax Laws
3) Drafting, Pleadings and Appearances
5) Corporate Restructuring, Insolvency, Liquidation & Winding-up
6) Resolution of Corporate Disputes, Non-Compliance’s & Remedies
8) Multidisciplinary Case Studies (The examination for this paper will be open book examination)
9) Electives 1 paper out of below 8 papers
9.1 Banking – Law & Practice
9.2 Insurance– Law & Practice
9.3 Intellectual Property Rights– Laws and Practices
9.4 Forensic Audit
9.5 Direct Tax Law & Practice
9.6 Labour Laws & Practice
9.7 Valuations & Business Modelling
9.8 Insolvency – Law and Practice (The examination for this paper will be open book examination)
- Highly qualified and experienced tutors handle the subjects effectively and efficiently.
- Unlike regular classroom coaching of CA/CS/ICWA where no personal attention is paid and it has strict class timings, Wisdom Academy’s group tuition have a batch size of not more than 10-12 students thereby providing students with one-to-one attention and making sure all doubts are cleared.
- Early morning, evenings and weekend batches for working professionals
- Concentration on exam-oriented appreciable number of quality problems to provide a firm grounding for students in various subjects and to face the professional exams with high Confidence
- Systematic exploring of syllabus in a scheduled time frame without sacrificing quality and number of classes.
- Regular tests to track the progress of students.